Due back Friday December11 ,2020
Part one: write a paragraph or two on Five of the following: 30 %.5×6 %
- 1. Says law 2. Classical laissez-faire 3. Michal Kalecki. 4 the multiplier 5.Keynes and Bloomsbury 6. monetary policy and low unemployment 7.financial derivatives 8.Hayek and Keynes 9.John Kenneth Galbraith 10. Robert Bryce and Canadian economic policy 11.marginal propensity to consume 12. Milton Friedman 13. Economic Consequences of the Peace 14. G.E.Moore and Keynes 15. Hyman Minsky and uncertainty 16. The Great Depression 17. Q.E. and the bond market and interest rates 18. Brexit and Keynesian economic policy.
Part two :write an essay on two of the following topics=a separate essay per topic.2×35 =70
- 1. The essence of Keynes‘s General Theory (use equations or diagrams where appropriate)
- 2. Discuss the tenets of monetarism and assess how well or poorly the theory holds up after the crisis of 2008-09 and the current covid crisis
- 3.Discuss the Keynesian welfare state and how it reflects Keynes‘s values.
4. Discuss the origins of the IMF and the World Bank and the fate of bancor .
5. Compare Marx to Keynes.
6. Discuss the deficit and debt controversy and the impact of covid 19 on the debate.
7. Discuss Keynesian policy in the context of globalization.
8. Discuss Reagan and Thatcher and the rise of Neo-conservative economics.
9. Discuss the financial markets , speculation and derivatives and their impact.
10, Inequality and contemporary capitalism.